, , , , , ,

Slovenia Part II

9:08 AM

All Over the Place
--the Coast and Croatia--


First, let me say in all honesty that this post is overloaded with photographs.  I don't write much here, and I took so many photographs that I wish to share.  We also visited so many places in this three days that it's impossible to narrow it down and still show every city.  So I didn't.  And here you have a nearly-unreasonable amount of photographs.

The first Monday of the trip, I went with Jože and Sara to Zagreb.  As fate would have it, the day was cold, gloomy, and sourly rainy.  Of course, the moment we drove out of the city, the sun burst from behind the clouds.  I sense some divine intervention, here.  In any case- I got my first Slovene border stamps that day! Hoorah!








The next day, we set off for a jam-packed three day journey with Barbara, and her boyfriend Mitja joined us in Lubljana at the end of the first day.  On day one, we hit Bohinj, Bled, and Ljubljana before driving at night to Koper, on the coast.






































On the second day, we went back over to Croatia, where I got more stamps, including a Croatian one (on the way back... I'm not sure the border guards follow a regular way of doing things, because they were most curious why an American girl studying in Poland is crossing the border from Slovenia to Croatia.)  We spent that day and the next morning crawling along the coast and through the mountains, eating FANTASTIC food, and peering from various castles onto Trieste, Italy.  I had some RIDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS pasta in Piran, and fantastic coffee all over the place.
On the final day, we took a trip to the Škocjan Caves.  This was insanely cool- like entering some fantasy world- with waterfalls, rushing rivers, and spiky rock formations that were weren't "supposed" to touch.  However, since they didn't allow us to take pictures (you can see pictures on their website here), I may have dragged a finger along a wall or two to catch a thrill.  Maybe.














































You Might Also Like

0 comments