, , , ,

Last Day in Warsaw

8:03 PM


It figures I find an amazing library in a museum that holds many many resources for my research. So all I could do was take pictures of the pages, and write down other books in a list. But I have to say, I didn't want to leave. Ever. Just look! Inside and the view! (And the smell and books and all that good stuff). The library is part of the Adam Mickiewicz Museum of Literature, on the very top floor. I tell you, I felt so proud of my Polish going in. I had to communicate to the guard what I was looking for, and then he just hands me the phone to talk to the library, with no assistance from him (although he was extremely nice!). I know I made mistakes in my grammar, but to get through a formal, research related phone call, and to function in a library entirely in another language is something I am very proud of. At least for today.














I didn't have much time in the library, as I still had my last day at work at the theater. I got to raid the poster room and take whatever I wanted (for which I also have a shnazzy tube-case that was thankfully very cheap, for only $7 to protect them all on the way home)! I'm very very excited about this. My room should prepare itself for a makeover when I get home on Thursday :)

And then it was on to my last few hours with my closest friend here, Agata. We also ran into Zuzia along the way, as well as a group of tourists from Israel, the guide of which started talking to us and then bragged about his son who makes jewelry for Lady Gaga.

I was kind of sad to see it all for the last time [this trip], glad to have the good weather, but also ready to get on with it all and get home. It always ends that way, that you are stressed and ready to get the journey over with, all the buses, flights, and schedules. But I am very excited for my 20 some odd hour layover in London, tomorrow! So I'm going to get to bed, and try to be fresh and sprightly for the next two very long days!




Agata and I became so close; and helped each other with (my) Polish and (her) English

Zuzia and myself :)













You Might Also Like

0 comments