, , , , ,

Sorry for the Delay: The Artists

8:27 AM


I can't believe how busy things got after my internship "officially" ended at Zachęta. I worked a festival for an entire day, which was a lot of fun, but tough being in the sun and working backstage for 14 hours, while being eaten by very ambitious mosquitoes. But the concert was great, and I really enjoyed meeting some of the most well known young contemporary artists in Poland.


My bosses.



Artist Karol Radziszewski

If you don't know what Disco-Polo is... you are missing out on a Polish tradition. 


The band Boring Drug; the artist on the far right is up for a national award right now.
Agata was there to help me out! 
Even the dogs like local breweries around here.

Very famous artist in Poland- he was really unusual and intense. Interesting performance
Working at the theater has been amazing. I'm so glad the opportunity came (however, unfortunately my research trip to Ciechanów did not happen, due to lack of response, and word of flooding) and I've been working there for a week. I can't believe how kind everyone is at the theater, and the actors and directors just come in and out, incredibly friendly, and with no shortage of ridiculous stories! I have two more days working there, but it sounds like that's a good thing. It's summer break now in Warsaw, especially at the theater, and it sounds like myself and the two girls I work for are going to be the only ones there aside from the men doing construction. I can say, though, the hour long commute through Warsaw and across the river will not be missed when I return to the Thrill (Chapel Hill), where it takes 7 minutes to get anywhere.

Last week, a friend of mine who interns at the Presidential Palace took a few of us interns on a tour! It was pretty special being on the other side of the guards.









By the way, here is a photo from one night with other interns; I realized I never posted any because I often don't bring my camera. But Nicole sent me a few the other day. Too bad everyone's eyes have a strange glare!


I was in Lublin this weekend, getting my fix of my favorite spots from when I lived there. I'll post pictures at some point, but things are going to be very busy, as I have work both today and tomorrow, with an opening at the gallery tonight, and a last hoorah with my closest friend here tomorrow night. My flight leaves for London on Wednesday, and on Thursday I'll be back in the States. I love Poland and have grown to really like Warsaw, but I have to say, I'm rather excited to go home. I miss the Southern lifestyle... and my bed... and a clothes dryer...

You Might Also Like

0 comments