,

Back to Poland

9:21 AM


I've arrived in Warsaw! It's my fourth trip to Poland, and for the first time, I'm going to actually get to know its capitol city! I landed Friday afternoon after a relatively sleepless trip. But I managed to stay awake until 21:30 after eating some decent spaghetti and going for a walk. I haven't yet broken out my nice camera, but I snapped a few pictures on my iPod. So far, the strangest thing is how much like America this city has become. Prices and portions are pretty much the same. It's still odd when I see young people passing and then hear them speaking Polish and not English. In terms of my Polish, it's a smattering right now. I was so exhausted yesterday it came out along the lines of Slavic-word-vomit. I don't think that will stay the case but it might take a while. Luckily, the people I'm staying with for the weekend aren't English-speaking aficionados, so sometimes Polish is the only option!

You Might Also Like

0 comments