, , ,

Quirks and Perks

2:08 PM

Horse says hi.
There are some fun things about living and working here, and there are some funny things about living and working here...


Exhibition invitations... hand delivered and pretty and all the good adjectives to describe it!

I felt the need here to show off my three invitations for the upcoming exhibition openings...

Badge to the gallery... that's right, I just walk through any door I want, and it gets me discounts in the gallery restaurant. $4 big full healthy meal? Please and thank you.


Sherwood Forest... built up outside my dormitory, might be there all summer, enormous men teaching archery to kids who would rather chuck sticks into the grass... interesting? or just awesome?


I speak both Polish (we'll just pretend that I do) and English... so yes, I do know what you are saying... and yes... I can order myself this lunch, thank you very much.

I bring my own grocery bag grocery shopping... and everywhere I go...because I'm always that prepared

Yes I study Polish literature. Yes I realize you probably didn't finish all those books in high school, just like many American students probably never finished Catcher in the Rye  or To Kill a Mockingbird.

No I don't study art history. Nope... hasn't been a problem so far. But working at the gallery, I do better appreciate this clip, which I came across in my research assignment:

The Last 51 Years of Art History Represented by 51 Seconds of Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Episode 18 (2009)
John Michael Boling


I run after buses at least every other day, and not a single person flinches

Where is North Carolina? It's is right below Virginia. Why do you keep calling it the "deep south?"

Yes I can sometimes speak with a southern accent. No I won't "do it" for you.

Yes I study Russian. Yes I know not to advertise it around here.


I signed up for the bike system and there is a stop right by my dorm, and directly in front of my office... I used it for the first time today and it went pretty well, aside from that part where I basically biked through a tree to get around stairs...


There is a church not far, and today, on Corpus Christi, the bells and singing could be heard. It was motivation for me to get out and go to town... on the bike

The procession led to Saski Ogrod

Dad- this picture is for you, the newest one of the series of pictures taken from this exact view-point :)



Finally took the necessary tourist Syrenka picture.

You Might Also Like

0 comments