, , , ,

Wandering Out

6:35 PM


With a free afternoon to myself, I wandered to the two major sights in Warsaw: Łazienki Park and Stare Miasto. I used to think I was good with direction. Not so much anymore. I also got frustrated by a failed attempt to buy a 3-day bus pass. I went through the whole process at a ticket machine. Got it paid for, and got the receipt printed. But. Where's the ticket? Oh, you know, it just didn't PRINT. So I have a receipt but no ticket. I might as well have eaten the $5, as it may have provided more nutrition that way.  And the kiosk nearby was closed, probably because it's Sunday, with nobody around to ask for help. So I did what any normal person would do in a frustrated moment, and walked into a used bookstore and bought some books. And a Gofry z bitą śmietaną (aka a waffle with tons of whipped cream).
But anyway, back to the journey, ignoring all the times I got lost.


I love the animals at Łazienki, and I got particularly close to the squirrels and even had a peacock fly AT me.

So much character- this one was chasing pigeons around!
Curious little fella

In case you wondered what the ones without fabulous feathers look like
This is the one that flew at me, you can see him just about to take off here
Landed and walked right past me
I plan to return with some nuts in store. These little guys will eat right out of your hand!



And as usual, the Old Town was buzzing. I can't wait to go back for food at my favorite restaurant Pod Samsonem (really rich Jewish food). Maybe this week or next weekend, if I make any friends, someone will come with me!






The good thing about getting lost is you find things you were going to look for anyway, like the Warsaw Uprising monument.




And since I was without bus pas (also, that I still have no clue what numbers go where) I walked back to where I am staying, passing the gallery on the way to do a little recon. It's the front-most building. You can see the Palace in the background. (There is a great old picture of this in a photo book my dad has, of which I took a super blurry picture)




You Might Also Like

0 comments