, ,

Jože Came to Visit!

10:48 PM



My good friend Jože came to visit me in Warsaw for the afternoon (I was running to the station because the gallery decided to give me an armful of work just before I needed to leave). He was in Poland with a student group from Slovenia, and took a train up from Kraków for a few hours. We didn't have much time to meet but it was still fun and a nice break. It felt good to speak English at a normal speed, too.



I know it's silly coming from someone who lives in the south, but it sure felt hot today. We spent a good portion of the afternoon thinking of how to cool down. We went to the fountain park, which was really nice, just outside of new town. It has a great view from the back, and sits just off of the Wisła (but you can't see it, because a main road and divide lays before it).


Perhaps later I'll add a picture of me that Jože took with his camera in this same spot that he is standing here.



We stopped back at old town to get some drinks, and a gypsy band stopped nearby when Jože stepped away, playing "Lara's Theme" from Doktor Zhivago, but the waiter chased them away. He was really nice, but funny to me that he had no idea they were playing my song! Funny also that a similar thing happened when my mom and I were in Vienna two years ago!

Kind of a bummer to see him off so early at Centralna, but it was nice to see a friend I hadn't seen in two years! The Palace sure looked nice (as nice as such a hideous building can look). I'm terrible at goodbyes, too, so that's always amusing.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. A gypsy band playing "Lara's Theme"? Sounds like the perfect combination for you! :)

    ReplyDelete